- This event has passed.
December 16, 2023 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$135.00
Savoury Christmas Prep
Join us for a special edition culinary workshop as we cook up some holiday favorites. We’ll teach you how to make and use a brine for turkey, and also how to make a gravy from the drippings. We’ll also teach you to make the perfect potato puree and give you some ideas for easy side dishes that you can make in advance. This is an action packed workshop full of festive foods and lots of great tips to make your holiday meal a breeze.
What We'll Cover
- Rosemary and Orange Turkey Brine
- Turkey Butchery
- Cheesy Bacon and Brussels Sprout Gratin
- Rustic Pear and Chestnut Stuffing
- “Preserved” Cranberry Sauce
- Perfect Potato Puree – Chef’s secrets to make rich and fluffy potato puree
- Turkey Gravy – Chef’s secrets to make a perfect pan sauce
- How to make and use a brine
- Ideas for side dishes that are easy to prepare and can be made in advance
- How to make a perfect potato purée
- How to make and use a bread-based stuffing, and how to use it both in and out of the turkey
- How to make pan gravy from turkey drippings
Please Note: All of our classes combine hands on learning with professional demonstrations and instructions.
All of our cooking classes and programs come with FREE ACCESS to our Home Chef School Recipe Box, which is filled with recipes and cooking tips from our professional chef instructors. Knives, aprons and food are all supplied for your class. Please feel free to bring Tupperware containers with you, so you can take home some of your leftover creations.