- This event has passed.
September 9, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm$719
Foodie Skills: 8 Week Program
Learn to Cook Like a Pro!
In our new and improved 8 class series, you’ll learn a variety of skills and techniques to help you be the best Home Chef you can possibly be! We’ve created our new program with two sections. The first 4 weeks, we’ll focus on Cooking Methods & Skills, teaching you everything from organizing your kitchen to cooking meat to the perfect temperature. In the last 4 weeks of these cooking classes, we’ll focus on putting your new skills to the test with Cooking Workshops. These workshops will focus on specific culinary adventures such as making the perfect breakfast dish, or inventing your own sauces!
Cooking Skills Classes Include:
- Mise en Place 101: Organizing your kitchen, knife skills, pantry staples and more
- Meat Cookery: Cooking to color, meat cooking methods, butchery and leftover recipes.
- Poultry Cookery: Poultry cooking methods, how to deconstruct a whole chicken and leftover recipes.
- Fish Cookery: How to avoid overcooking fish, how to clean and filet a whole fish and leftover recipes.
Cooking Workshops Include:
- Salad Dressings: Learn how to make vinaigrettes and emulsions (creamy salad dressing), learn about emulsifiers and learn how to compose a salad.
- Breakfast Cookery: Learn how to cook the perfect egg in any style, learn to make classic eggs benny and learn to cook some delicious sides!
- Starch Cookery: Make some fresh pasta dough and cook it to perfection, learn to make side-dishes like potato gratin, truffle gnocchi and more.
- Sauce Cookery: Learn to make the 5 French mother sauces and learn how to add extra ingredients to create your own signature sauce.
Classes run for 8 consecutive Saturday mornings. Unleash your inner foodie and join us for the entire 8-week series!
This class comes with FREE acess to our entire Recipe Box so you can practice your new skills and favourite recipes at home!
Knives, aprons and food are all supplied. Please feel free to bring in Tupperware containers to take home some of your leftover creations!
All of our cooking classes and programs come with FREE ACCESS to our Home Chef School Recipe Box, which is filled with recipes and cooking tips from our professional chef instructors. Knives, aprons and food are all supplied for your class. Please feel free to bring Tupperware containers with you, so you can take home some of your leftover creations.